Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Breakfast at Tiffanys

My cousin Jamie is getting married on 10.10.09 so I threw her a Tiffany's-themed bridal shower this past weekend. I had a blast trying to come up with ways to incorporate the theme in the games, food, and favors.

These are mini cupcakes made with white cake mix, vanilla icing (with teal coloring), and edible silver balls. I'm guessing that they were good since they disappeared rather quickly!


These are bite-size chocolate Tiffany's boxes. They turned out better than expected! My sister Rose and I spent an evening making them and froze them until the day of the party. My friend Aimee took a great picture of them at the actual bridal shower (see below).


Aren't they so cute?


Here is a nice pic of the favor table. On the left are homemade high heel sugar cookie favors (See below). In the middle, we put out some of the chocolates wrapped to go, along with these really cute diamond ring wine bottle stoppers that I picked up from beau-coup. On the right are cute little boxes that I ordered from the same Web site and put together with diamond ring key chains.


Here is a close up of the high heel sugar cookies. I used a basic sugar cookie recipe then we iced them with a vanilla almond frosting and sprinkled them with sugar pearls. The recipes are below:

Roll-out Sugar Cookies
  • 2/3 cup butter
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 4 cups all-purpose flour
Sugar Cookie Icing
  • 1 cup confectioners' sugar
  • 2 teaspoons milk (add more if the icing is too thick)
  • 2 teaspoons light corn syrup
  • 1/4 teaspoon almond extract


Here is a close up of the diamond ring key chains in the favor boxes (both from beau-coup as well).

Me and the happy bride-to-be with her rehearsal bouquet. (Can you tell that most of her gifts were from Victoria's Secret?)

More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment